Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ke$ha Looked Like a Man Last Night...

Well, she did... I was with Jack's family and she was performing in New York, but when we looked at her, she looked too masculine to be the Ke$ha that I've seen on the CD covers in music stores...

I did some Google searching for you.

I guess "Fear of Driving" is a form of Agoraphobia, which is a fear of open spaces.  I didn't think that that made sense though, because you said that you're afraid of going more than 10 miles an hour and getting into an accident.  Plus, you talk about running away to Florida or some other warm climate all the time, so open spaces doesn't match up...

So I went to a couple message boards because there were other people that are scared of driving like you are.  Most of them were new drivers.  Some of the advice that other people gave was to stick to non-busy roads as long as you can while you're still practicing.  That way you can get practice moving at a slow pace and you can get used to what you're supposed to be doing.  Slowly but surely, you'll convince yourself that it's okay to go a little faster and use a more busier road.

As for cell phone use, I couldn't agree more!  I absolutely hate it when I see the drivers of cars using their phones.  I always give them dirty looks as I pass by them (when I'm not driving, that is).  It's just like, "Thanks, I now see how your priorities are aligned... business and chatting above babies and other people..."

Same for drunk driving!  I can only think of one instance where I might have been in the presence of a drunk driver.  My family and I were coming home from...somewhere... that's beside the point.  Any way, we were coming home on the highway and we noticed this guy weaving in and out of traffic, going really fast and going over the dividing line like nobody's business.  It finally came to a point where he drove up next to a guy and started to veer over into his lane, almost crashing into him.  Luckily, that guy was awake enough to slow down, honk, and get out of that maniac's way.  It was really scary.  Mom called 911 and we were asked to follow him as closely as we dared and to stay on the phone.  We did that, and later, they told us we could stop following him and go home.  That was still one of the scariest things though...

Ezra, you don't have to be afraid of driving.  You've taken the class, you did a little behind the wheel... you know what you're doing and you're in control.  Maybe next time you go out and practice, you could bring a CD of the Grateful Dead or The Eagles to play while you're driving and maybe that'll put your mind at ease and you'll realize that driving isn't as scary as you thought.  It'll get better :)

Here's the website where I got the bulk of my information: Click heyah!

Happy New Year, guys!!!  Did you make it to midnight?  What are your resolutions, if you have any?

Avery, it was so much fun hanging out with you a few days ago!  All of those games of life, and Cloverfield, and albinism, and horoscopes... it was great fun!  We should do that again sometime.

Okay, this is a really long post, so I'll stop here, because this is all I really wanted to say.  So Happy New Year again, and I'll see you... well, Avery, I'll see you Monday because school starts, but I will talk to you both pretty soon hopefully.

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment